Networking training from an award-winning expert
Our multi award-winning professional networker, Rachel Tombs, will give you the skills, insight and confidence you need to succeed in the art of effective, profitable networking.
Networking skills for legal professionals
Networking is a vital way of getting new and continued referrals into your Law Firm, Mediation Practice or Barristers Chambers. But for many lawyers, it can be a daunting experience. However, networking is a vital skill and it can be learnt. Particularly in the legal sector, the right approach can mean the difference between welcoming new clients and alienating them.
For your practice to succeed, you need to invest your time in creating real and lasting professional relationships, that convert into billable clients. Word of mouth has always been the most effective form of advertising. We trust other people’s opinions more than we trust what companies or organisations say about themselves.
Rachel Tombs has won both regional and national local awards in recognition of her networking expertise. With her natural ability to confidently and effectively network, in addition to her 15 years’ experience as a practising solicitor, she is perfectly placed to deliver networking training that is focused on helping you to successfully grow your legal practice.
Personalised training tailored to you and your firm
- Group training
- In person
- Via Skype/Zoom
Networking can be a full-time job and you need to focus on fee-earning too. The time that you do invest in networking needs to deliver tangible results. That’s where our training can help. With our team’s combined 40 years’ in-house legal and business development experience, we understand the techniques and skills required to convert your contacts into clients.
Our training covers the core areas of successful networking, including:
- Preparation – How to research attendees in advance of the meeting or event, in order to make sure you speak to the right people.
- Business cards – Why good quality business cards are important, and how they can be used to create the right impression of your practice.
- The elevator pitch or ’60 second’ introduction – How to draft and deliver the perfect pitch that provokes a question and engages your audience.
- Follow up – Why time is critical, and how to use personal emails to request further meetings and continue the conversations that you started.
- Using a CRM database – How to capture key details including personal information about your contact, so you can remind yourself of important facts before your next meeting with that individual.
Master the art of listening
You might think networking is about talking, but listening is actually just as important. In our training sessions, we will focus on the art of listening, including how to ask the right questions and give the right answers. We will talk about the importance of eye contact and how to use your body language to make people feel comfortable. Putting people at ease is an important first step in building trust, which is such a vital part of your client relationship.
Most people just ‘turn up’ to networking events. But with our training, you can be one step ahead. Be proactive in how you approach networking and how you follow-up any connections that you make, and you will start to see the benefits for yourself and for your practice.
These are just a few examples of the many ways we can help your Firm or Chambers achieve sustainable and reliable growth, an increased market share and a skilled, motivated team.